Monday 15 October 2012

Poetry

Let it go by TD Jakes
There are people who can walk away from you.

And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk away from you:
let them walk. I don’t want you to try to talk another person into
staying with you, loving you, calling you, Caring about you, coming to
see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone.

When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is
never
tied to anybody that left.
The bible said that, they came out from us that it might be made
manifest that they were not for us. For had they been of us, no doubt
they would have continued with us. [1 John 2:19]

People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if they are
not
joined to you, you can’t make them stay.

Let them go.

And it doesn’t mean that they are a bad person it just means that
their
part in the story is over And you’ve got to know when people’s part in
your story is over so that you don’t keep trying to raise the dead.

You’ve got to know when it’s dead.

You’ve got to know when it’s over. Let me tell
you something. I’ve got the gift of good-bye. It’s the tenth spiritual
gift, I believe in good-bye. It’s not that I’m hateful, it’s that I’m
faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have He’ll give it
to
me. And if it takes too much sweat I don’t need it. Stop begging
people
to stay.

Let them go!!

If you are holding on to something that doesn’t belong to you and was
never intended for your life, then you need to……

LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to past hurts and pains…
LET IT GO!!!

If someone can’t treat you right, love you
back, and see your worth…..

LET IT GO!!!

If someone has angered you …….

LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge……

LET IT GO!!!

If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction…..

LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to a job that no longer meets your needs or
talents

LET IT GO!!!

If you have a bad attitude…….

LET IT GO!!!
If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better……

LET IT GO!!!

If you’re stuck in the past and God is trying to take you to a new level
in Him……

LET IT GO!!!

If you are struggling with the healing of a broken
relationship………………..

LET IT GO!!!

If you keep trying to help someone who won’t even try to help
themselves…..

LET IT GO!!!

If you’re feeling depressed and stressed …..

LET IT GO!!!

If there is a particular situation that you are so used to handling
yourself and God is saying “take your hands off of it,” then you need
to…
LET IT GO!!!

Let the past be the past. Forget the former things. GOD is doing a new
thing for 2007!!!

LET IT GO!!!

Get Right or Get Left .. think about it, and then ..

LET IT GO!!!
Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say,
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman

Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Still I Rise
You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.
Maya Angelou
Women IV. a prise poem for women by Jacques Sprenkie Mateya
Life without life it's not life
Almost everyone will remember
Day and night is cycle of life
Life on its own is not matured
I reiterate well spoken words
Hence its admiral, the day I recognize the significant role of women

Some women can bless the day indeed
with their smiles
with their Assimilate of culture admiral
with high concentration of moral fibre

These are the women of integrity
I talk nothing else but
Women like Nthabiseng Mthethwa
Women like Mapaseka Dlamini
Women like Sebolelo Mokoena
Women like Elsie Moganedi
Look around they are there
To reconstitute norms and Values.

I call them women of integrity

As Harley barley, there are honourable women
Full of high concentration of moral fibre
They adhere to walk the walks
And talk the talks; they are extraordinary in every aspect
Women like Delsile Hlophe
Women like Nonhlanhla Ndlovu
Women like Ellah Ngomane
Women like Whitey Mahlangu
Chronically they remain transparent

I call them honourable women of integrity

Fair remain fair as long as it's fair
There are extraordinary women
They are living in their time
And they are in time with their integrity
They deserve honour as they live it
Perfectionism is not enough
They remain constant and consistent
Women like Mapule Tshabalala
Women like Sara Mahlangu
Women like Selina Madihlaba
They are extraordinary women they deserve their Honour
I for one applaud them for inherent of their heredity

There are women who are making difference
Printing their footprints
Simplicity remain predictable
They have their own significance
Women like Nomusa Tshangana
Women like Nomsa Masilela
Women like Modiegi Mphake

I call them extraordinary women of integrity

There are superwomen and extraordinary women
Honourable women and women of integrity
They have built their reputation and sustain moral regeneration
They have gained it through their subordinates
I re-institute and reinstate their perfectionism
And their high concentration moral fibre
And they remain significant role players
Women like Nonhalnhla Matshika
Women like Thokozile Moyo
Women like Leisje Templeman
Women like Magrietha slabber
Women like Lisa Mateya
And the list is endless

To all of you, Halala Basadi! ! !
I salute you today

No comments:

Post a Comment